Skip to main content

Reply to "Something different, but at the same time better"

Looks neat, but if I'm gonna use it, I need to add a keyboard and mouse, and if I'm gonna do that it defeats the purpose of a laptop! But that's knowing how I work.

Without knowing more about this, let me say a few things:

MyDMX, expecially for programming, works best with 2 displays. Compu Show really needs display real estate. For MyDMX and running shows, I think the touch surface will be a real nice feature for folks to take advantage of. Other people have reported using MyDMX with touch panels and no problems.

How well would it work with MyDMX? Hard to say. It should work fairly well, but not sure about all that full touch integration. If someone were to send me an evaluation unit I'd give it a thorough checking out.

Right now though, I haven't seen this before. I'm looking specicifally at a netbook to be my back-up lighting controller(or maybe primary). The small size and price tag appeals to me, and with the application being limited to only a few specific tasks, the chances for driver conflicts will be rare. ALso, since this won't be a general purpose machine, it won't have the usual complement of applications installed on it. I'd like to get a second MacBook Pro, but Apple's costs are reasonable, and even on the used market, people don't seem to get that they aren't going to get 3/4 of new retail for a 2 year old machine(try 30% of you're lucky!).