Skip to main content

Reply to "Solution for VMS4 Mic channels"

I've been asking my retailer to deal with this. He has been reporting communication issues with AA, which is not encouraging. I've no reason to doubt him, as I have good honest relationship with him.

From my end, I'll have to return the unit as "not fit for purpose" if these impedance converters are not delivered soon. I've kept the packaging, and the gear has been used twice (NYE and NYDay) - I've now reverted to my NuMark DDS system (which is cased with mixer), however the VMS4 was purchased as a complete solution, requiring only a PC and PA system - not a 2nd mixer to allow me to talk on the mic.

I'd also like to know when a "proper" fix is due?
Surely we can't be expected to use these adapters as a long term fix. I can't see where I can buy these in the UK, and the Shure adapters are fairly expensive.

I've got a selection of mixers from el-cheapo £40 battle mixer, through to a decent Pioneer, and all have a perfectly good working mic input.

AA do need to quickly make good, and provide a plan to address this problem correctly. Is the true fix a simple resistor change inside the unit?
Currently in the UK DJ forums, this problem is known and is certainly hindering sales and the reputation of the product.

At the moment, I wish I'd invested a bit more and gone an alternate route. However, my previous good experiences with ADJ LED Pars led me to think this would be a good product and well supported.

If/when I get the impedance converts (x2), its still only a partial "fix". Frowner