Skip to main content

Reply to "Show Designer Broken? Power & Display Flickering!"

Thanks, I actually figured out the problem. As I am sure anyone with this controller knows, the power adapter tends to die and requires replacement. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen this model of controller being sold with the original power adapter, everyone has the generic Radio Shack adapters with their Show Designers. Anyway, I accidentally read the back of the Show Designer incorrectly and was using a 12V adapter rather than a 9V. The 12V worked fine for the last year on both of my other units, but this one must have been a little more sensitive to the power difference. Anyway, I purchased the 9V adapter (from Radio Shack of course) and that part of it works fine now.

Unfortunately I have a new problem now. It appears that the controller's XLR jack is missing the grounding tab causing the DMX to not be sent to the lights. So, now I'm going to need to find a new board-mound XLR connector that I can solder on, do you happen to know if the ADJ parts department carries that? Thanks!