Skip to main content

Reply to "Shortcut for sideways scrolling?"

I don't know much about the Faderport. I saw it in a magazine, thought it was a nice concept, but not something I was willing to spend money on, as I have my eyes on a Digi003 surface(not rack) unit, as well as a Tascam X48.

To the best of my knowledge, no. I'm not sure how you'd go about assigning the FaderPort's fader to a channel, but that's really not the issue. I'm sure the fader can be re-assigned on the fly, and then you can use the fader where needed, and IF it installs a a MIDI device(not an audio device), you should be OK.

But this scrolling to a fader/channel stuff, no that's not supported. If it's supported in Windows via an input device that works as an OS/APP IO unit(not really software specific), then perhaps. You also have to accept a lot of limitations in the implementation of MIDI into the MyDMX product. I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing. You just can't have it all in a low-cost package like MyDMX.

It almost sounds like you might actually need a more beefed up product, perhaps Compu Live? After I get used to Compu Show, I'm gonna slum it a bit and learn Compu Live as well. That isn't to say I don't like MyDMX, I do and it has tons of use for me still. I'm just finding that with the software control(as you will find too), the advanced capabilities will end up helping you nail better jobs. It's win-win all around.