Skip to main content

Reply to "Shortcut for sideways scrolling?"

Thanks, guys, for your near-immediate response!

It doesn't have to be the scroll-wheel on a mouse...just anything that's quicker and more intuitive than having to zero-in a cursor pointer on the slider tab or the tiny direction buttons, make changes, then have to zero-in again on the appropriate fader.

I'm getting used to the great keyboard shortcut controls that allow immediate positioning of an individual fixture's pan/tilt, along with multiple simultaneous selections. My larger setups use dozens of different fixtures, though, and it sure would be nice to have a simple way to zip quickly across the fader bank to access them all.

I tell you what...I recently bought a PreSonus FaderPort (USB/MIDI external fader) for use with my DAW software and to lend a better hands-on feel. The FaderPort has a vertical fader and a rotary "pan" encoder, along with several function buttons. It would be AWESOME if I could use the rotary encoder to scroll across the myDMX fader bank, then use the fader to adjust whatever myDMX fader I select. Is something like this possible with myDMX's capabilities?