Skip to main content

Reply to "ProScratch 2 Difficulty reading recorded CDs"

I'm done - got my PS2's back from ADJ today with no repairs and no advise. So, I went out and purchased a new CD burner and some Sony Music CDRs. Re-recorded a disc at 1x on new burner. Put in PS2 - sucked. When I pitch up it turns to garbage. So - I re-recorded 5 more CD's on 5 DIFFERENT BURNERS using 2 DIFFERENT computers. I used an Iomega burner, a Tascam burner, a Toshiba burner, a Dell internal burner, and a Gateway internal burner. I used iTunes software, Windows software, Cakewalk software, Roxio software. Guess what - all don't work in the PS2 when I pitch up. They garble and sort of click. I've got a huge job next weekend and can't trust the PS2's anymore. I refuse to be on stage playing for a huge crowd only to have my stuff sound like hell through the PS2's. I can't (and won't) afford to go out and buy all factory pressed CD's - so I'm calling American Audio to tell them what I think then I'm off to find a product I can have faith in. This forum has been great (Skills and Stevie very helpful) but when I call American Audio I get ZERO customer support - I sent both of my PS2's in to American Audio along with some recorded CD's to see if I could get any help. Instead, I get a guy with a smirk in his voice saying "It's your CD's dude." OK - fine - it's my CD's - any help from anyone at American Audio to explain to me what I may be doing wrong? I followed all the "rules" my fellow forum writers have shared with me. Anyone want to explain why the very same CD's work FINE in my Denons? I can't take it anymore. Gotta go get something else. It's a shame 'cause I love these PS2's with factory pressed CD's - but I need to be able to burn my own stuff or I'll go broke and these players can't help me any more.