Skip to main content

Reply to "pro64b RC Mics and sensors"

While waiting for any suggestions I have done a little experiment , I have set up my desk with a drum machine plonking away at a steady rate and measured the sound levels at which point the lights start to respond.
both have very similar results as follows , cans are side by side at the same distance from the speaker and at the same orientation.
if I nominally set the volimes so that I can read the values of the fader on the desk . granted the desk fader is not calibrated to national standards but it will suffice for this experiment Smiler

with the light sensitivity at 31 ( most sensitive ) the lights flutter at -11db and dance at -10 db .
changing ONLY the sensitvity to read 01 least sensitive and the lights now flutter at -9db and dance at -8db , a differnce in sensitivity of effectively 2db with 30 steps in between Frowner . Am I missing something here or is the sensitivity a gimmick ???

I have tried differing drum patterns to see if the frequency is the driving force but I see no discernable evidence in that either . Are my cans unique in this matter or is the sensitivity adjustment not even worth the description ??