Skip to main content

Reply to "Printed color tables for RGB color mixes?"

Seems a bit too much work, but that's right. But for your appliation, the work is appropriate. For mine, it wasn't as difficult. My objective was "match RGB values to colors on color wheels on other fixtures".

Decimal value is 0-255 is the value range used per R,G&B respectively, which matches with DMX values. I don't think this is accidental.

My suggestion is to use those sheet protectors instead of 3-hole punching because they seem to last longer that way. But I do agree that keeping them close to the lighting console is definately the way to go.

You can also use the same chart for using banks of 3 can lights gel'ed R,G&B aimed at fixed points to do the same funtion.

The DMX Operator will tell you what value you move the slider to(before changing back to another reading), so you do have a method of checking your work. It's not perfect, but it does work well enough, but if you're under pressure to get things done, the delay of setting 3 faders will be an issue in tight situations only. The rest, you'll be fine.

Good work.
And nice clean HTML. So tired of seeing HTML-programs generating bloaded mark-up.