Skip to main content

Reply to "poor service regarding parts"

Man, your attitude blows. If you pulled that on me, despite being old school in customer service, I'd get medieval on your buttocks if you acted like that and charged to $300 for the priviledge of be abusing you(minimum charge, your charges my vary).

If you accept the default shipping, it's much less, but apparently you were in a hurry due to probably waiting until the last minute to get the part. I've done the same thing. I've had to pay the priority shipping. Did someone stick a gun to your head and tell you "you have to spend $20 to get that part to you"? I don't think so. You had to make that decision based on when you needed that item.

You know, sometimes parts are flat out OUT OF STOCK, and just because you call a lot, doesn't make them come in any faster. Let me use an example of 3Com. Why? I used to resell 3Com and I am the only guy certified to work on a certain product line on the west coast. Due to some sort of mining disaster, some sort of material was now unable to acquired to make certain elements of the product. This affected the entier electronics and data communications industry. With this product line, they tend to do short runs because it's very expensive. Larger companies were relatively unaffected since they had stockpiles of parts. It took 2 months for a customer to get a replacement board to them, so I took parts out of my own chassis to supply to the client to keep them running as they should be. We're not talking some $35 part missing screws, we're talking an item costing $15K, OK? Yeah, something actually expensive.

So, the part cost $35. Shipping: $20, you must have wanted it overnight. Whatever. Forgot the screws. Oops, stuff happens.

You know what happened the last time I called parts? I was on hold for 2 minutes, then when I got on the line, I was informed how things were labelled on the site, which lead to my confusion over what I ordered. While not happy, I was 100% satisfied. Why was I not happy? I thought I was getting a super bargain. Regardless, I got what I needed. Therefore, I am satisified.

Why don't you not post a reply as well. While I don't work in their parts department or any warehouse or storage areas that they may or may not have(I've never seen their operations), then perhaps you shouldn't post like you do either.

I just know I've worked from the bottom up and have experience in nearly all matters in a company, both large and small(from mom/pop to fortune 500).

It could simply be a matter of oversight. I bet the screws came in a packet that could go to one of 50 different brackets or other items. Stuff happens, and right now, spring is nutso for entertainment as we're gearing up and preparing for the summer season. That means as buyers, we're buying, and as sellers, they are taking orders and shipping product. As those who make the products or the manufacturers directly, they sometimes are involved in the selling, shipping and moving items too.

You're calling in peak load season. My advise: please plan ahead and cut them some slack. I'm sure they're shipping out the screws for free. ADJ makes good on what they say they do.

Oh, and voicemail is a fact of life. I've been fortunate to not need to deal with ADJ voicemail. But again, peak season. Leave a message, I'm positive they will call back.

I hear your frustration. I understand, I've been there(not with ADJ though). I've had these sort of stupid type problems occur. But, I also try to plan ahead these days. I have extra mics, I carry extra consoles, back-up solutions, spare cables, try to ensure I have spares of other items ahead of time. Think business. This IS a business, this business of entertainment.

I'm not an ADJ employee. I use their stuff, I like their stuff, and apparently I enjoy trying to help others with their stuff. Nobody at ADJ wants to screw you or make you unhappy. Right now these are people working their butts off trying to keep up. And I bet nobody at ADJ would recognize my name if it came up in conversation. I'm just another small time end user. But I look at the big picture as a whole, how ADJ fits into my business and how ADJ can accomodate me.

Worse case scenario: you could call, get specs for the screws and hit the hardware store.