Skip to main content

Reply to "poor service regarding parts"

Since I don't know all of the details about your complaint, I'm by no means criticizing your frustrations, as legitimate as they may be. We've all been tied up in undesirable customer service scenarios; it just comes with the territory from time to time.

What you must step back to consider is whether or not real-life, practical, and routine occurrences are creating a perceived sense of customer disservice, when in reality, circumstances are unfortunately beyond control and therefore exacerbating your frustrations.

To attest to their customer service, I think it's incredibly cool for a company like ADJ to support items that have been discontinued and are no longer even being sold by retailers anymore.

I've been able to buy parts for discontinued items that most other companies would never have even sold when the fixtures were new. I really appreciate the effort on ADJ's behalf to keep their veteran fixtures up and running, rather than pushing for sending units in for service, or even worse, encouraging the disposal of older gear to push newer products.

They'll even send you schematics to their products (if requested and they are available).

Their support is incredibly cool (as well as Elation). I know they may not show up on here a whole lot, but heck, even the presence of an online forum for individual users to connect through their website is a great thing. Not too many other companies bother to go this far.

I really don't think ADJ would make a conscious effort to screw customers that rely on their products, as their customer base is probably far wider than many of the higher-end companies. Just because they're big doesn't mean they can afford to snub some customers.

But like Chris said, even those high-end companies are going to run out of parts once and a while. Stock up on spares and/or be flexible enough to adjust when things go down for a while.

I know we tend to rely on our gear as much as we rely on our vehicles, but we have to be prepared for the worst and possess the understanding that things don't always pan out as easy as we want them to...I think it's what they call 'life'.

It would be nice if you could tell us some more of the details of the situation and to let us know that your first post on these forums was not just a venting opportunity to take a shot at the company.