Skip to main content

Reply to "Placement"

Chris, THANK-YOU.

That really is the trouble right now, TOO MANY choices! lol. I don't feel like it's just "I have a guitar and an amp, now I want a pedal". You kind of have to start with the guitar and the amp Smiler

Then I start learning about lights and there are a zillion kinds of lamps, controllers that range from 'bolted to the stand' to a board to a laptop... and then there is the whole 'where do I put them? What do they actually do? How do I control them?" thing.

I will read up on *wash*. And the fixtures you mention.

Back to placement - and I'm sorry if these are somehow obvious, but if someone would be so kind as to point me--

•for front lighting: angled inward? behind the mains? I'm assuming on t-bars.
•footlighting - I understand the concept, I don't think I've seen it up close. I see a small problem placing anything on the floor ;-) I've seen monitors get tipped, spilled on, etc. How/where do you mount them?

I can use my laptop. I still don't have a clear understanding of how to control Intelligent lights, but that's more reading I have to do. And maybe when I read more about MyDMX it will fall into place. I'm comfortable with computers, but not with controlling things outside of them, only programming for business apps.

Thank you for giving me a direction and a push Smiler

I'll check out the panels and bars. Cans not necessary on startup? I only ask because having PAR cans is basically 'standard' as far as what people expect... not that I'm known for being conventional! I don't mind "going green" as far as electricity consumption either, but depending on how the gigs work out, the ROI might take quite a while.

Thank you again!