Skip to main content

Reply to "Opinions on Speakers for Mobile DJ"

Most know that I'm a die-hard audiophile with a very highend home audio system. Most also know that even the most high end professional PA systems fall quite short of a good high end home system. Comprimises must be made when trying to cover a much larger area for crowds to enjoy as opposed to one or twp people seated in the "sweet spot". That said, I've auditoned and tested a great deal of PA systems looking and listening for excellent sound. There are quite a few out there, and unfortunately they are extremely expensive.

There's another thing we speak of in high end audio. It's called diminishing returns. Simply, the money you spend on obtaining the slightest little gain will be quite significant and subsequently the return on your investment is quite minimal...or, diminishing returns. Again, compromise is needed here. Do you consider real value important? Are you really into "bang for your buck"? Or must you have the absolute best regardless of cost?

The latter is usually only for the very elite or those with more money than sense. Yes, while I have an elaborate home system, I put it together over many years of finding good deals on used equipment as I simply couldn't afford new. Unfortunately, when it comes to high end home audio there is no real inexpensive speakers or bang for the buck. That isn't the case in pro audio.

Case in point, the American Audio APX Power Pro's! Are they the equal of Meyer? Definitely not...but they ain't $2500 EACH either! Will they sound very good while able to satisfy a large group of people with good clean quality sound? Absolutely! And they do this for a price that is simply one of the best audio bargains on the planet! Add a sub as mentioned in an above post on down the road and you'll have a simply outstanding system and value that leaves you more money to buy the other things you need or desire.

Bottom line, you can spend a whole lot more money on powered speakers but the law of diminishing returns applies very quickly here...most will easily be very satisfied long term with these speakers.

Bob