Skip to main content

Reply to "newbie house party light mistake"

Dominec, check out the POD series of lights, either the Roto Pod, Color Pod, Lunar Pod, or Active Pod, I highly recommend these lights. They are all only 50 watts and light up a small room nicely. I use them in bigger halls too with much success. A party Gobo light is a nice effect also. There are also Mini gems, Electra II, Rover II, and Reflex which are nice. Saga would be another good one at 100 watts. The Centurian is another 100 watter. Then there is the STARTEC series of lights which are also nice. These lights are also fairly inexpensive so you can pick up mutiples which gives you a really sharp lighting show. A groove wheel is a different effect with its unique oil wheel. I had one of these a while ago and really liked it. American DJ is making quite a few smaller lights for some of us smaller DJ's. Check out the site for more. Almost forgot, get some Torch lights. At least 2. They really set the mood. I have two in my bedroom, one on each end table. Even some of the intelligent lighting can be used in small rooms. The Color 150 RG, The Color 150 DMX, or the Rainbow would be good. Pinspots with a Sound active chase controller, the list goes on. Hope this helps a bit. I like to light up my basement too when not doing gigs in halls.
THA DOGG.