Skip to main content

Reply to "Newbee needs help - lights for house party"

Well, I know the Revo 4 can cover a large area with minimal lighting, but I don't know pricing.

I also think DMX control this time around is OUT of the question due to costs.

Fog draws high, so keep that in mind before you overload your circuit. Worse case is you pop a breaker and the party might stop as you have to reset it.

Really, for the budget, if you're concerned about control later, then you do spend more looking for UC3 options and DMX options, but maybe you end up saving down the line if those are options you want to get into later. Definately look for a fixture you can run in sound active mode and is LED and you're gold.

Also, you do want some method of control, so keep that in mind, as well as avoiding cable clutter and people tripping on stuff.

Don't shortchange yourself by being cheap now. Better to either spend a little bit more or skip for short term and maybe get a better fixture that you're for sure going to be happy with. Then, add a bit at a time as money allows. Maybe it's a UC3, may a DMX controller, maybe MyDMX, maybe more fixtures here and there. Master/slave mode compatible fixtures are a good way to make a big light show on the cheap!