Skip to main content

Reply to "NEW ADJ CONTEST!! CHECK IT OUT!"

I remember when i first started, i had bought some crappy police beacons form some store. at the time, it was the only thing i could afford. i knew a place at a near by shopping mall tha sold adj products and had lay away plans. i was fourteen at the time and didnt have a job, so it was the only way i could afford anything. when i went into the store i felt like a kid in a candy store ( cliche, i know), i figured that one of the lights i could purchase the fastest was the helicopter with six lights. i had my heart set on the vertigo, but knew i would take a really long time to get it. i had my brother drive me to the store once a week to deposite fifty dollars. until i brought it home. it was my baby; i remember i would play music in my bedroom with the helicopter going. i would picture myself at a club. i can remember playing at some private parties, in backyards where people didnt have any grass just dirt. i could see the rays of light because of the dust being kicked up. i thought it looked so cool! about six or seven months went by and we did a gig at a rougher part of town, needless to say a fight broke out and nocked my speakers over (the helicopter sat on one of the speakers because i didnt have a lightstand). the light got kicked and tossed and stomped ect. ect.
the lights no longer came on and some of the lenses were broken. to my surprise the moter still worked, but it was no use. my baby was broken and i could not afford to fix it. my parents saw that i was bummed out about it, i had crummy police beacons, and a strobe light that was no brighter than a flashlight. to my surprise, for my sixteenth b-day, they had bought me a vertigo and a foghog. forget about it... in my head i had the best lightshow arround. twelve years later, the vertigo still exists, full of dust and with its oiginal bulbs still working. its been long retired, still does what it is supposed to do. i was amussed when i saw the vertigo and the heli on the newest catalog, it brought back fun memories.