Skip to main content

Reply to "New 6 light show"

Stevie Ray: Thank you for the great suggestions... I like your idea about using the Quad-phase (the Tri-Phase is discontinued)... I'll use it as one of my center pieces instead of the Jellydome... the Revo 4's on each side is another great idea... that's a definite... ADJ discontinued the Revo 3 but I can get the Hyper Gem instead... I could get the Revo Burst (or Rave) but the Hyper Gem might be a nicer fit with the Revo 4

You said the company you used to work for had The t-Bars with 4 LED par 36's... I am going to do 2 sets of those for the bigger light show I am putting together... I like that idea...

The Profile Panels I currently have for a wash are perfect for my needs... if I was using them for a band wash, we might need more but we are a DJ company and anything brighter than that would be too much... I really like them... all of our entertainment packages come with 1 free light... I put it on the floor in front of the booth and let it go through it's patterns to the beat of the music... it lights up the floor nicely...

The only thing I really wanted that you didn't mention was a laser.... I like the Galaxian 3D... However, like Musiclee and I said, ADJ is coming out with an RGB Laser called the Royal Sky soon... I'll wait to see how it looks and compares to the 3D and buy the one I like...

I was also going to get a couple Mega Bar 50's for uplighting and back wall washes... but I've been reading a little about the new remote controled units and how the slave can react to the remote... now I'm not so sure... they discontinued the wired units... If the RC units had a UC3 input so it can be used without the remotes, that would have solved the problem... otherwise you'd have to run them DMX to get around that I guess... I like the idea that they are remote controlled though... I might get 2 anyway to use as our stand alone free light... no wires to hook up... nice, quick and clean... (do you know if you have to be standing in front of Meg Bar 50's pointing the remote directly at the light for it to work or can you be behind it? I would love to know the answer to that)

So here is what I have so far for the small 6 light show.... 1) Hyper Gem, 2) Profile Panels, 2) Revo 4's, 1) Quad Phase or a Laser to be named later....

Thanks for the input and practical suggestions...