Skip to main content

Reply to "New 6 light show"

Well, despite not having one, I'm a fan of the Revo 4, which I think should be a classic and must-have fixture.

I can't comment on the rest. There's been some recent discussion with the Fusion Tri FX, which lost some favor for not having sound active in DMX mode, which turned out to be a big negative for the guy really into getting that light.

I also agree that getting a laser would be cool. I have a DJ friend who wants me to get one, but I'm just not into the club thing. I told him to get me 10 bookings in clubs doing sound and I'll re-think it. No bookings, go figure.

However, less than ideal conditions and you're talking about Profile Panels? Well, wash lights in general, yeah, you can almost never go wrong. The Revo, without fog, they look kinda silly. Lasers paint the ceiling nice, but with fog really come to life. Same with the rest you memtion. You really want SOME fog or haze, and definately relatively darkened environments.

With my inventory, my high-tech FX scanner-type lights are just silly without fog or haze, and unless the room is dark, they just get lost. With my others, it depends. The Mystic not aiming at a wall or floor area directly gets lost and looks stupid, same with the vertigo, unless they have fog. My Sunray III can sort of stand on its own but really pops with fog or haze. My Double Twist and Trilogy are really useless without fog or haze because of the dancing beams.

I don't include anything free anymore. I record all my shows free, but media copies are available as a sepparate item. I find when I was giving "Free", I was getting taken advantage of. "well, why not give me all this then...". Yeah, it got old fast. They expect it only takes 10 minutes to set up a full concert system. Sorry, takes a bit longer!