Skip to main content

Reply to "MyDMX2.0 Easy View 3D will Release Late 2013"

I have to say that I too am disappointed not only with ADJ. I am new to DMX programming and have not found a suitable software solution. I have downloaded most of the programs to see which one will work out best for me.
It seems that they ALL have their problems weather they are low or high cost (incl. controller) programs.
Freestyler has the most support but doesn't have it's own 3d visualizer. You can use easy view but it takes it's own fixture library and it is hard to find some light profiles for it. Chauvet is $800 and some of the fixture profiles for their own lights don't seem to work in it! ADJ has no 3d visualizer and does not seem to have very good support. I have found the whole lighting industry to be lacking in clear instructions for products and concern for it's customers. This stuff is very cool but, also very expensive and too proprietary in nature! If everyone's stuff would play nice together I think more people would get into lighting and spend more $$ for the products. I understand that we are generally below professional level (meaning not theatrical with multi-million $ budgets) but, come on these companies are making lights at our price point!
We deserve a well made, supported, documented product.
I'm just sayin. Right? LOL
Being new to this is getting old quickly!

I'm glad that all my lights and hardware controller work very well together for the most part after some hours of learning what each button, slider, switch and dim (no thanks to the manuals) do!
I still have a long way to go til I am proficient with it but I am learning.

Anybody found a software / dongle / controller solution that will not break the bank and still get the job done?
I have a mix of ADJ and Chauvet lights. The hardest light to find a working profile for in a 3d visualizer is the Chauvet Intimidator spot duo maybe because it is the newest light. No visualizer shows or controls both heads so far.
Anybody had luck with this yet?