Skip to main content

Reply to "mydmx with virtual dj sound triggering"

Hi Chris, James and Paul!

First of all THANKS again! I have a quad gem and a moving head that have a special function channel for music triggering and these two work perfectly. Now for the rest of them....
I think I understand a little what Chris is telling me, so I tried to create the MIDI-thing. In Virtual dj (my dj program) in sound setup I can choose input and output. Input is now set on none (means pc itself)and furthermore I can chose single timecode and timecodes (no idea what these are). Output is set on output and headphones. Furthermore I can choose here for single output, external mixer and threeline mixer. The only place where i can find MIDI is in configuration/settings/remote where i can switch to general MIDI. But i suppose that's for importing MIDI devices and not for sending MIDI info out. Sorry to be so stupid (and blond) again, but I really really really would love mydmx to work with my music.

Any ideas? And - suppose we do get the output correct - how do i get this from my dj music laptop to the one with mydmx installed. On this one I only have usb and microphone input...

God... I feel stupid Confused

Greetz,
Kiyana