Skip to main content

Reply to "myDMX Buddy and Midi"

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Traynor:
Lonewolf, did you use ableton to run your lights from a midi track? Or just use the launchpad. Can get to work from the lanchpad mini have bought but would really like to automate the show with a midi track, but cant figure it out at moment, sure more my knowledge of ableton than anything.

Andy

quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
So, I just purchased a Buddy, and have run into a small problem. I used to be able to run Ableton and myDMX simultaneously from one Launchpad. However, whenever I have Ableton running, then start myDMX, I get an error message and am unable to use the Launchpad with myDMX:

"RtMidiIn:Red FacepenPort: error creating Windows MM MIDI input port."

It seems that I can only have one of the two talking to my Launchpad at one time, with Ableton taking priority. If I start myDMX first, Ableton just takes control and steals the MIDI port from myDMX. I am using Windows 10, so there may have been a few changes in the operating system that are conflicting with your MIDI code. Is there a workaround that you are aware of? Thanks!

Sorry for the ridiculously late post, but yes, I was once able to get the thing to light up AND trigger scenes in MyDMX. However, it just worked when I started the programs, and it doesn't work anymore. I've spent at least 50 hours trying to figure out a solution.