Skip to main content

Reply to "MYDMX 2.0 with Enttec DMX USB PRO"

Here is the reply i got from Pangolin.

Hey James,

Thank you for your email.

I must admit, I think it will be easier if I respond to you directly as opposed to joining a forum as from what I read, this connectivity issue will be between the MyDMX software and the ENTTEC DMX USB Pro interface (which we do not manufacture). If your software is configured to communicate with the ENTTEC unit and then we find there is then an issue communicating with QuickShow, we can try another avenue of support (possibly moving the conversation over to our support forum).

Have you contacted ENTTEC to work with their developers to configure your software to work with the ENTTEC unit or is this really a situation where the Forum poster needs to buy one of your DMX Dongles? Now that I contemplate this for a minute, if the Poster wants to run My DMX and QuickShow on the same computer (or even two separate computers), two DMX to USB devices will be needed; one to go "from" MyDMX and one to go "to" QuickShow, obviously the two devices will need to be connected by a DMX cable. Even if My DMX connected to the ENTTEC, he would still need two ENTTECs to get the DMX signal back into the computer to get to QS. Purchasing the MyDMX Dongle might be his best option depending on the cost comparison with the ENTTEC.