Skip to main content

Reply to "Moving Fixtures To New Address"

Sorry. I admit that when I first posted, I thought it was lack of research but corrected that error to lack of experience. I am by no means questioning intelligence. You stated that you modified an old fixture and it is fixed to channel 1. Experience gained on two fronts, controller setup within limitations and modifying old fixtures for DMX compatibility. It is just one of those things that happens.

Also, to clarify the cost situation, the cheapest console that I know of that can do what you are asking is a Road Hog or Grand Ma Ultra Lite. Both are around 20 grand a piece. There are consoles that cost more that can't do this, like the ETC Eos for example. I am not sure if the Jands Vista I3 can do this, but if it can then it is the cheapest at around 10 grand. I know the T2/T4 can but cost much more.

If you can modify the software to do something like this, I would say well done. I just feel that you will run into more issues then you think there will be and its not as easy as copy and paste. Modifying the software to do as much might as cause stability issues and unforeseen issues. I am not questioning your experience as a programmer, just your experience with regards to moving light controllers.

Again, sorry if you took it as me ripping into you. I enjoyed speaking with you however and hope this experience doesn't sully your opinion of AMDJ and/or these forums. Best of luck with your show or break a leg if its something theatre related.