Skip to main content

Reply to "Moving Fixtures To New Address"

First of all, sorry I even brought this damn issue up. All I wanted to know was if there was a way of moving a bloody fixture address and its associated steps/chases so I could insert a new fixture. All I then get is abuse for asking a program to do a relatively simple job.

1) I did do my research before buying MyDMX. Unfortunately, my crystal ball was away getting repaired so I never forsaw this issue arising.

2) Is the task I am asking the software to do so difficult? Hell, when I was 14 I wrote a program for a Tandy TRS-80 machine to play music. For those who don't know, there was no such thing as audio cards back then & the only noise that computers made was the humming of the fans. But I did it and passed my exams with distinction. That was 29 years ago.

3) Everyone seems to have missed the fact that the product which raised this question was not DMX'able at the time I purchased it. I modified it to do so. That IS my fault. I should have left it in the dark ages. Silly me.

Ok. End of rant. I've got some work to do.

P.S. Jingles. If you could let me know what format the data is saved in when you save a show file, I will examine it and see if there is way to modify the date outwith MyDMX. If so, I may write an app to do what I need and share it with everyone, just in case someone else would like to move a fixture in future.
Please close this topic.