Skip to main content

Reply to "Moving Fixtures To New Address"

Well let's look at the facts now shall we?
Facts: You already have a show programmed and addressed and working. You added a fixture that can only be addressed at the very first address on a dmx universe. Now you want to move your existing fixtures to a new address to make room for the fixture. Now you have to re program your show to allow programming for your new fixture. This is something you WILL have to do whether it be my dmx, compu live, DMX operator, Magic 260, Show designer, Chauvet board, Etc ANY other dmx controller and you would still need to do the same exact thing which is RE PROGRAM. So if you leave my dmx and go buy freestyler or Entec guess what? Your still gonna have to re program your show.
Now I understand none of us could foresee the need to have to reprogram a entire show just to fit a fixture in that will only work on a certain set of channels. So while I can understand your frustrations however they seem to be misplaced. This is not a fault of my dmx this is a fault of that fixture that will only work on dmx address 1. So let me say I hope you will decide to remain a my dmx user. but if not I understand and that choice is completely up to you.
Sincerely,