Skip to main content

Reply to "Missing Fixtures In "ScanLibrary""

I'm finishing up.

I did 4 profiles for the Chauvet Q-Spot 150, which applies for the Q-spot as well. There are 4 different operation modes, so I had to make adjustments. Thank goodness for copy and paste!

Getting the errors fixed was a bit of a pain, but that's my own inexperience with lighting terminology. I got so frustrated that I blew out the problem settng and went step by step again. While it was a lot of extra work, it was worth it to understand how it works.

I forgot to do something today. I brought the fixture into the house with my DMX Operator and was going through the mode I prefer to use, and going through to gobos so I can try a semi-accurate picture. Would be cool if I knew enough about PhotoShop to make my own images for use with the MyDMX software, but I found stuff sufficient enough to get the job done. So, I not only put an appropriate gobo setting into the profile, but took a picture as well for reference. But, I failed to examine another area on the same fader's range, so I'll repeat the process on Friday.

The Intimidator Color profile is done. The Followspot 400G is also done.

And yes, I made myself a Par 38! Yeah! What I'd like to see are simple profiles for the "high tech effects" so we can just add them in. Don't need super animation, but it would be nice to just round it out. Complete model.

I am finding limitations within the demo version, but perhaps the purchased version coming my way soon gets around that.

I'll send those profiles off on Friday night. Should be nice and neat. Now I'm getting new ideas:
Design on my desktop since I have that resolution cranked and it's a big beefy machine. Then,just load the shows onto my laptop, which is a bit underpowered but well within specs. Just below minimum, but I won't need visualizations live at this point. I'm planning a new set of laptops soon(1 Mac Pro and 1 butt-kicker PC) so I'm good for live.

I don't see my DMX Operator leaving my rig any time soon, but I do see that if I get 1 show where I can use myDMX, I can get video of that online and pretty much guarantee more calls. Plus, I can charge for custom show design, or if they have a show designer, that guy can operate it.