Skip to main content

Reply to "MIDI Foot Controller"

Yippee .... success at last Big Grin

The Tech21 Midi Moose foot controller and the M-Audio Midisport 1X1 MIDI-to-USB interface play nicely with MyDMX.

The Midi Moose gives you access to 5 scenes at a time via foot buttons. You simply hit the Up or Down foot controller buttons to get to the next bank of 5 buttons/scenes. (1-5; 6-10; 11-15; etc.)

There is a catch ... the scene names in MyDMX must be unique. For example, I have a scene named Blackout. I want to go to a Blackout scene on each bank using foot controller buttons 5, 10, 15, etc.

Each of the MyDMX scenes will respond to only one MIDI command, so I can only use the scene named "Blackout" for one button.

The simple solution is to copy the Blackout scene and give name extensions such as Blackout 1, Blackout 2, etc.

Additionally, if you use the Next command for one scene to trigger another, you will have to disable the Next feature while that scene learns the MIDI command. Otherwise, it may have jumped to the next scene before it learned the command.

Now ... what button did I program for the strobe? Hmmmm ... I'm going to have to create an overlay so I know which button does what! Cool