Skip to main content

Reply to "Master/Slave Mode vs. Sound Active Mode"

Metro, so you can maintain the Night Rider effect of the Colorstrip while under DMX control? Very cool… It is mind blowing to have say three of them linked together and have the pattern begin on the far left strip and continue to make it’s way across to the end of the far right strip. I don’t believe you can do this with the ADJ fixtures, at least you couldn’t in the past, not sure about now…

I link my CS’s without a DMX controller and it puts on a heck of a show BUT there is one thing you have to do when linking them this way in order for them to act as one long bar. You have to apply power to the MASTER unit LAST or it won’t work. It says that in BOLD in the manual, of course I didn’t read that at first… If you do not do this, they will all link together fine and copy each other but the patterns will be identical on all connected bars which would give you four separate Knight Rider effects. Set the master to ACT 23 first so it will go through all available patterns. Does that make sense the way I explained it?

I just saw what you said about how to connect them via DMX in the manual... Thanks!