Skip to main content

Reply to "light help part 2"

Thanks again for your advice. Sorry I havent e-mailed thoes of you who had info, my computer took on a mind of it's own. I can get on the internet now but I still cant send e-mail as of today. As soon as ican i'll e-mail you.

Anyhow this weekend we played our largest gig yet,about 4500 people give or take, and the promoter for the band we were opening for supplied the light rig. It had 48 p-64 cans on 24" truss with drop bars for the cans and all, 16 top of the line (Read 9860.00 EACH.)moving head fixtures, rack mount dimmer packs, 25' towers, powered raise and lower, and enough capacity to not only support the lights but to also fly the speaker arrays. And oh yeah the board probably cost more than a new truck. I'm thinking of investing in a droule bucket for times like this. Big Grin

Gb it's nice to know I'm not alone in my multitude of band duties. Why is it that bass players always carry the big loads, but if we make one mistake the whole band acts like it's the end of the world. Mabey it's because were so important!!!!!!! Wink I have a question for you gb.
Is midi as complicated as it's made out to be or is that just an over exageration? Iv'e thought about going that route but just dont have the experience to make an educated decision. How steep is the learning curve with it?

Iv'e said enough for now. Thanks again.