Skip to main content

Reply to "Korg Nanokontrol"

1:
You're dead on with the learn. It only recalls the LAST learned command assigned to a DMX channel and/or trigger for a scene.

2: Again, right on as far as you getting the concept down perfectly. You will have to jump to the right scene and/or see if you can replicate programming for elements on different scenes. So, again, you've got this concept down 100%

You don't want to use the faders and knobs to trigger scenes, you'll want to use the buttons IF you're planning to trigger scenes with it.

When you switch scenes, you don't really lose it, but you do lose the ability to DIRECTLY control it. As in, you do this that and the other in scene 1(as in on the nanoKONTROL, for those of you following along), and then switch to scene 2(on the nanoKONTROL). What happens is that when you come back to Scene 1, it's in a soft/clutch mode, where it is retaining the values last used on that scene. The clutch feature comes when you adjust anything, that controller element then immediately jumps to the NEW VALUES, not each one, only ones adjusted.

But right now you're not really utilizing MyDMX as it was intended to be used. You're right now making a LOT of extra work for the person requesting it, but hey, if they want to work their butt off, then so be it, right?

Use the nanoKONTROL to help program, but when it comes showtime, it's not quite as critical an element.

Personally, also, I don't see why you just don't use fader 1 & 2 on the nanoKONTROL in Scene 1 to do whatever control you're trying to aaccomplish.

Not to lay another example, but here it goes:
Scene 1:
Faders 1,2,3,4 are RGB and Dimming for my 64 LED Pros(8 of them). Faders 5-8 do the same thing for my Mega Panels. Knobs 1-4 are used the same way for my Mega Bar 50's, while knobs 5-8 are used for my Color Fusions.

Scene 2: I forget exactly how I did this, but I think Faders 1 & 2 were X and Y control for Mover 1, and 3 & 4 are X & Y Control for Mover 2. Knobs 1 & 2 were X/Y FIne for Mover 1, and knobs 3&4 were X/Y fine control for Mover 2. I think the gobos went to another fader or knob, and color went to another, but these were for BOTH. I know I had sufficient channels left over to use Fader 9 for my Chauvet Intimidator Color dimming, and the knob for the color wheel.

I think going back to Scene 1, Fader 9 was used for spotlight dimming, and knob 9 for color wheel.

Scene 3, I think I used for High-tech FX and other crap on dimmer packs.(laregely NOT used).

Scene 4 is Fader 1: ground fogger.
Fader 2: Fogger
Knob 1: Hazer
Knob 2: Flame effect off a dimmer pack.

Works fine.

I think you might need more clarification but it's best for you to ask now to see if I've confused you or not.

I think I need to know what he's asking for specifically and his logic behind it to see if there is a valid reasnon for it.

One must keep in mind that in MyDMX< a scene is a collection of steps with values. On the nanoKONTROL, a scene is a bank of controllers, thus expanding functionality at reduced proce, and turning a small 9 fader/9 knob, 18-button surface into a 36 fader, 36 knob and 72-button unit with no footprint adjustment at minimal cost.