Skip to main content

Reply to "Just tried my VMS4 through my PA....."

Here are my complaints.

(Used Windows 7 32 and 64bit, same problems)

Can't get it to work with neither VDJ nor Traktor Scratch Pro.

VDJ receives midi signals, but it doesn't play the track, nor does it respond to the jogwheel.
The supplied VDJ software also doesn't allow me to enter the config menu, only upgrade to PRO and try Trial version for 20 days is shown. After the entering the trial period, I still can't access the config menu.

Traktor Scratch Pro even has bigger problems, Í have to restart the program multiple times before even getting it to receive midi signals, and even then after a few seconds the signal is lost and doesn't respond anymore.

I also used the analog audio mode offcourse, and have to say I'm disappointed very much by it's quality!
It's definately not useable for live shows, as the sound get's/is distorted/pumped up very much, even staying below 0dB.
I personally think it's the worst soundcard I've heard. They say it's analog, but It's still digital as it's AD/DA 24bit/48kHz converted, not?

I also don't like the VU meters, in CUE the VU output signal is indicating 3dB lower than the master output, so using the gain to cue up to master volume can give you false information when mixing in, as the volume will be much louder than the track that's playing.

I also don't like the master volume and gain that seem to be chained to eachother in the VU meter output.
Turning the master volume changes VU output, and also turning Gain changes the same VU output; why do you need a master volume knob then, only to be used in midi mode to have a function?