Skip to main content

Reply to "Jingles will be gone for a week!"

Well, some trade shows allow direct sales, some don't.

At AES, they don't encourage sales, but it happens. I find at AES, it tends to LEAD to sales after the show. That's how I ended up with KV2 Audio and deciding on the A&H console I went with.

At MacWorld, they dedicated most of one of the halves of the Moscone Center to sales, anyone selling stuff was there. Got some good deals too, but that was years ago(Claris Emailer and Deck 2.5... man, I'm dating myself...)

At IT shows, it's ranged. It depends on the nature of the show. Most want to do the "show and tell to generate leads" for sure. Some are all about sales.

Never been to NAMM and since I'm a consumer, I will most likely never get to one. I am assuming it is all about putting new stuff out to show it to generate large buys from merchants and channel partners.

Nothing right or wrong about either method. I prefer the non-sales shows because there's no pressure to buy, but I am pressuring to figure out what I want to buy. But I've had good results at sales-oriented shows too. Really depends on the mentality of the sales people. I hate the hard sell UNLESS I'm looking for something.