Skip to main content

Reply to "Introducing the VIZI Series."

Well, this is cheaper then the Platinum Spot 5R Chris, the Elation version. Likewise, the Elation version has more goodies, 2 gobo wheels with 8 rotating and 14 static, an iris, an LCD screen, and I think the Elation version uses a 180w lamp vs the 160w lamp in the Vizi Spot. See here for info on the Platinum Spot 5R.

As for current draw, I would expect it to be around an Accu Spot Pro, which are fused at 8A drawing more around 6A at the most. Can also use a DS250 Pro for reference, which is 400w. remember that 250w of that is lamp, and the Vizi is 160w, so power around 310w most likely.

I can say this much, I plan on buying probably 4 come February. With how more then a DS250 Pro they are rumored to cost, and having all the features of a DS250 Pro along with an auto electronic ballast, it is worth it to step up. Less power usage, more lumen output. Not as many features as my DS575s, but the DS575s cost more. And it they added CMY and zoom to the PS5R, then it would probably cost the same as a DS575 if not more. Happy I waited till after LDI to buy the DS250s, waiting a couple more months is well worth it for the PS5R.
Last edited by Former Member