Skip to main content

Reply to "How is the XP-3?"

30lbs. is not that bad. just remember there are touring groups that lug around MAC fixtures that are upwards of 75-100lbs each. Wink
This is just my personal opinion. I don�t really like the XP3. I have seen it in stores and even in American DJ�s booth at the LDI show here in Vegas, they had about 10-15 of then in a ring hanging upside-down. It was a cool effect and all but it didn�t wow me.
I have seen, in person, the Auto Spot and its sister the Legend 150R (Yes they are the same thing, and if they are not, then let me be mauled to death by a stampeding herd of llamas. ) I did like those a lot. Its like an economy version of the miniMAC Profile. they were very cool and much more stylish than the XP3.
I would much rather spend a little extra money and have half as many Auto Spots than XP3�s. Yes, the XP3�s are cheaper. You can get the refurbished ones for like under $300, but I still don�t like them.
Again, just my personal opinion.

And like said by others, 2 or more scanners might be a good way to go too. 2 scanners is nice, but admit it, 4, 6, or even 8 is always better Big Grin . Picking up some more Mighty�s might be cool too.