Skip to main content

Reply to "help with this setup"

I have basically the same hardware except for the crossover because my V5000 & V4000 already have the sub crossovers built in. And I don't always use the EQ in the equation.

Sorry Stevie Ray let me simplify that diagram....too many dots - head hurts!!!

Mixer > Eq > 1st Amp > 15" tops

Mixer > Crossover > 2nd Amp > 18" subs

You don't necessarily need to put the EQ in line with the crossover to run the subs. So long as the crossover is set to the right low freq setting to match the subs range you should be ok. Besides having the eq in line with the crossover will cancel the crossovers effectiveness making for lower level output to the subs. This of course depends on how you tweak it.

Make sure you use the more poweful amp to run the subs because they need more juice than the tops, providing they are different.

Most mixers have more than 2 outputs, for the subs you can patch into either the zone #2 out or rec out and use the main output for your tops or just use 'y' adapters from the main out RCA connectors to split the signal into two.

Bear in mind your hardware will be different to mine so the config may vary, suffice to say what works for me may not necessarily work for you.

I suggest you experiment with your system ensuring you can get the most out of it before you get to the gig.

I hope this makes sense. Good luck man.

ROQ out.