Skip to main content

Reply to "Help with mapping and suggestions for traktor"

quote:
Originally posted by W.A.R.Z:
quote:
Originally posted by Jungle_Brothah:
Good thinking about the leds color WARZ.

I also have an idea, but seem to run into a difficulty that maybe AA can help me with.

I was thinking about using the crossfader assign knobs to select between decks a/b/c/d (use it as a modifier)
This way you don't have to offer up a button or knob from the top surface. With the shift button pressed you can still use the crossfader assign.
Why these knobs? Because you only have 2 variables that can be switched between.
But when I try to have these knobs assigned I get pretty confused about the midi messages they send out, as it appears the two knobs work in conjunction with eachother. When i switch both buttons they give off different messages when turning clockwise and counter-clockwise.
So ifAA can let me know how the knobs are working with the mesages I would get much further and the rest of the mapping would be a piece of cake.

I was thinking more of using moving focus with pfls pressures, one for decks A / C (pfl buttons 1 / 2) and one for B / D (pfl 3 / 4) cause I like that when I hit one pfl have absolute control over the song.....I think my way is more natural and like working with vinyl.....so your idea is not bad,,but still need help from AA

PD: I worked well with A & H Xone DX so and I liked the way that my friend had set

I was also thincking about these buttons, but now you have 4 variables for 2 decks. How are you going to have traktor figure out which deck to activate when you activate 3 or 4 pfl buttons?

If AA can find a solution. For this i'm all ears.