Skip to main content

Reply to "Flash Shot DMX / S-4A controller"

Well, I won't argue about the hardware/software thing. I am a computer/IT/Datacomm guy, as well as MAINLY an audio guy, and I love analog consoles. They flat out JUST WORK.

But, I've had wonderful results with MyDMX, and at such a low cost, I mean, it's pretty much a home run. But, there's always that 1% chance no matter which route we choose, be it software or hardware.

You're also not the first one to complain about the Obey-series of DMX controllers here, you're just more specific other than the normal "not pleased with it" type of comments.

Since my shows often involve moving heads and complex color changes, software is the way for me, no 2 ways about it. But I ain't going to argue with someone who prefers a console. I've been doing audio almost entirely in an analog realm for 28 years and frankly, I like it. But, I gotta move to a digital desk to remain competive and I know what I want. Man, if I could just get some product endorsement deals, it would really help my business along.

Also, with LED stuff, honestly, unless you're jumping up to decent lighting desks, software is definately much better. Of course, optimize your computer for the core application and it will help tremendously.