Skip to main content

Reply to "Flash Shot DMX / S-4A controller"

Thanks for all your feed back. I reprogrammed my stage desk 16 so i can just run the strobes and the dimmer packs on there and it works just fine. I really don't want to do any more computer anything since if there is a 1 % chance something wont work it will happen to me. I guess im old school since ive used hardware controllers for 10 years. Yes I knew I needed a better controller even before I bought this one but I had no idea just how bad the little boards are. Im sure I would be completely happy with the show designer 2 so i will just make that my next investment.just for the fun of it , if anyone cares to know why I dislike the Obey 40 so much here is a list of whats wrong with it. 1, there is no logical way to change from running scenes to shows without turning it off and back on. 2, the buttons are so cheap sometimes I have to press them 3 or 4 times to get a response.3,there is no way to know what scene or show your actually running since the display does 10 things at the same time,4, when selecting fixtures to override, no matter which button I press the first fixture stops responding until I deselect it and re select it. 5, the tap sync has never worked correctly. it might be in the programming but who really knows.6, the quality of the sliders is a joke and there is almost no way to add small fade times its either 0 or 14 but there is no way to fine adjust anything in between.bla bla bla my point is its a toy nothing more I cant believe they actually sell it at all.