Skip to main content

Reply to "Flash Shot DMX - ETC Ion Console"

Only thing I can thing of is make sure the profile dimmer channel is on full. I took out the LED On command at the beginning of the Intensity channel, so that has to be up full or whatever intensity you want for it to work. Other then that, it should work. I made the Home postion on the strobe channel to LED open so it is controlled more on the dimmer side of things instead of the shutter side (like how moving lights Home position is shutter open).

Beyond that, you are patching it right. Are you using 3 pin DMX cable and not XLR mic cable for the cable runs? Also, how long of a run is it from the console to the fixture? These are the only two other things I can think of off the top of my head. If you are using mic cable, use DMX and see if that helps. If it is a long run (say 300+ feet), I would try getting a DMX booster to boost the signal. Also try a terminator in the fixture if it is a longer run since DMX reflections can be causing a signal issue as well.

Another thing you can try is take the fixture and plug it straight into universe B next to the board. That will tell you if the issue is in the wiring, patching (which looks right to me), my profile, or maybe something wrong with the fixture itself. If it works fine right next to the board, its the wiring or a signal issue (try the booster or terminator I suggested above). If not, we can go from there.