Skip to main content

Reply to "First Impressions"

The indvidual fade and hold times would definately become a very marketable features to those doing lighting design and shows. Because a fair number of shows today are pre-recorded/sequencer driven(Moody Blues, anyone?), syncing lights to music would be made much easier with this degree of control.

Although I'd be mainly using MyDMX to create non-syncing sequences for weddings and small events just to liven it up, should I start working on a production, the fade and hold times will definately be something useful.

Considering how pleased I am with the DMX Operator, MyDMX seems a natural progression. It is either new board or software. Even without further goofing around with MyDMX, the choice is clear for me. Software will be the way to go.

ADJ keeps coming out with new and more affordable products. This is not only a great intro software package for those new to software solutions for lighting, but even for a newbie getting into lighting. Not saying "hey, burn all the consoles", because consoles still have a big place in the market. MyDMX can give a lighting person a big advantage.

Now, if there was just a method of getting more complete sets of lighting fixtures for other brands. In the meantime, this helps me steer towards ADJ products.