Skip to main content

Reply to "Does the DJ Scan 250EX have Micro Stepping Motors?"

Overall, this is a good reason why people should watch the ADJ product videos, ask questions ahead of time, educate themselves a bit(harder for newbies due to lack of experience and knowing what to ask/educate themselves over) and seeing the fixture in action if possible, before purchase.

This next part may appear to be an attack on DJ's, but that's not my intention. These lower cost fixtures are favored by many DJ's because not only of the cost, but they also know their crowd won't really mind the fast movement of such lights. The audience is typically there fore the music and/or the DJ(some DJ's cater better to certain crowd types or have made such a name for themselves that their name is a draw). The audience in such instances will love almost any lighting and won't be inclined to complain too much if at all.

For some of the events I used to do, such fast moving scanners would have been just fine. But, since I don't do those anymore, there's currently no reason for me to want to buy something like that. But, I am sort of wishing I had some applications where I could use my 10-foot truss and hang 4 scanners off it and do some stuff with that. Most of my events don't leave me space to put up a truss, much less the time to put it up. Some events, I can't even put up the truss because it's blocking stuff!