Skip to main content

Reply to "DMX for DUMMIES (Midwest)"

That pig doesn't love you!

It almost make sense to re-hash some of the postings the past couple of years into a PDF that ADJ and Elation could distribute:

DMX-512 - A Primer

The best part is having the hands on. I'm a hands-on learning type of person. Play with some gear, get some exposure and let the imagination run.

I don't think it's important if the gear people are being exposed to are outside their financial grasps. I think the exposure to such gear shows the range and capabilities that are available. Same as with audio, it's important for students to be familiar with the big consoles. Although, I don't think the lighting consoles are as intuitive as audio consoles are, but that's not the point.

Once users start to see that with a little investment and a little imagination and some work, they can make smart decisions and buy with knowledge. I definately support education. My crew says I should teach audio, but I just don't have the patience for it. It might get scary if they suggest I teach lighting s well!

I hope Doctor DeeJay posts a post-class evaluation report. I am also hoping it goes well.