Skip to main content

Reply to "DMX control, sound active, and master-slave: all at once?"

Hi, and thank you for the response and info. I'd like to share a bit more about our rig, and see if that spurs any thoughts.

We have the matching lights in the two towers set to the same addresses (both Mega-Pixels are 1, both Quads are 17, etc...). Most of the scenes I've created have the fixtures in some type of sound-active program, with varying patterns in different scenes for different looks.

Thus far, I've created a couple of scenes with the fixtures strobing, and bounce between the sound-active pattern scenes and the strobe scene manually- a labor intensive and technologically inferior solution, in my mind... I'd like to emulate the ability of my LC-II to trigger a strobe effect, but I don't see how that would possibly work.

A question on your random strobe program- I recall several of the fixtures I have (see above) have a random strobe setting, where the time-off, time-on setting varies (not sure if its sound-active or not)- what you're saying is that you set several of these fixtures to do this? How long can you run such a scene without irritating the guests? Does it irritate the guests? (I've received complaints in the past from over-abuse of the strobe) :P

Anyway, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help out this newbie!
Dave
Crossroads Entertainment Services, LLC