Skip to main content

Reply to "DMX - Beginners How-to"

Right now I have 2 of those all-in-one 10' truss systems, and I might pick up a 3rd. They're about the same price as 2 stands, so I have the truss part to use later if I decide. But I'm mainly just using the stands with the t-bars on top as it'll usually be me, myself, an I setting all this up. Using just the stands gives me different placement and expansion options. I plan on putting the 2 Scans on the inner-most part of the t-bars (because of weight concerns), with maybe some lighter pin spots on the ends. Ultimately, 3 of these truss systems will give me 6 stands (3 per side) with 2 scans on each (12 total). The Pentabeam lasers will go on a single light-duty stand (probably placed behind me). This way I can cut the whole system down to 2, 4, or 6 stands depending on the room size. Or eliminate the lasers altogether if the room has low ceilings. The trussing would be used for additional specialty lighting (vertigos, moonflowers, etc.) where possible.

The controller is a Behringer LC2412 (http://www.behringer.com/LC2412/index.cfm?lang=ENG). I'm still trying to decipher the manual (not too user friendly).

Thanks again for the assistance.