Skip to main content

Reply to "Dimmer packs do NOT need a profile."

In response to the first part of your post, no. eg 2 normal par cans. On the setup screen, 1 channel, one fixture, that's your lot. However in the 3d patch screen you can then put 2 fixtures on top of each other, 2 per channel, like a dimmer. This in-turn causes a whole load of problems; should you restart the show at a later date, want to add fixtures or even ammend another show as the 'Get patch' option goes across the board, not just that file. The biggest pain though is that if you had 2 led pars this time and they are both adressed to 1, you have only two options; 1. Chew up channels unecessaryly as my dmx will wants them side by side and channel info displayed over and over again, or 2.only have 1 fixture on the 3d. I know I have strayed away from the dimmer issue, but it's really the same. The bottom line of my point is that I would like to be able to put 2+ fixtures on to 1 channel on the setup screen and for that to then show and behave on the 3d, ie the dimmer model I first refured to.

Thanks for your responce.
Always interested in how it can be done aswell as how it is done.