Skip to main content

Reply to "Customer service?"

Jingles:

While I believe this may have once been a bustle of activity, there's not much at the moment that will change how it is now.

I know there was an older web forum, which I was a member of, and then a lengthy downtime during the transition to this software, which for some reason also involved migrating the existing web forum content, and thankfully the user database. Not sure, but I think that long downtime really zapped things down several notches.

Also, in the "&*%@ or get off the pot" category, outside of you personally, it is a rare site to see ADJ staff/employees/support actually online here. People ask questions TO support, and nothing happens.

For example, I had a motor blow on my DoubleTwist, and I asked questions, but people were ignoring it like it was an 800 pound gorilla, occasionally throwing a bit of poop, hoping it would get bored and go away.

Well, I did get bored, and took a calculated risk and both a motor for a Mini-Gressor, which worked just fine with a small modification to the power connection(different socket, just move wires). Come on, this wasn't rocket science. I did not have the time to call, as I use "down time" to visit this forum or else I'm on a phone call with a client.

The best thing is for you to keep doing what you're doing. Hopefully other full and part timers on their payroll can pick up some slack and get active around here as well.

On a side note, and many others have had different experiences, my experience with telephone tech support has been fine. No complaints at all. So, clearly the quality of support is there, just not in all avenues of support. If it's an emergency or big enough deal, people will call. And those are the priority customers. I know how it works. That's how I live.

I never did get my DMX Operator training DVD. But I'm sure those are long gone. Since I can program mine now(thanks to the manual), I do have the resources to experiement with how the whole thing works together.

One thing is that "users make the best support resource", which is true. Engineering thinks one way, and their experiences cover what they think is gonna do the job. Users have more and different perspectives, coming up with unusual solutions that might be just fine. However, support shouldn't fall back on that.

As long as ADJ doesn't get abusive with me, I'll keep being a client. I don't see ADJ ever getting abusive with me, so I don't expect to stop being a client for a long time. Send me my printed catalog and DVD once a year so I can evaluate, and I'm a happy dude right now. And they do, when I order it. Fair enough.