Skip to main content

Reply to "Chauvet Intimidator 1.0"

Well, unfortunately it's so true that "they don't make them like they used to".

I use an SRM450(I have 6 of the original ones) and an SRS1500A sub for drom monintor. Kicks butt.

Even in lighting, they just don't make them the way they used to. Any brand, they all have such type of issues. I'm just thankful ADJ has worked hard to maintain quality evne at good costs.

It seems a lot of companies want to quickly move on once a new model is released. Now that you have to replace the wave style guides, you may also have to have a new phase plug made, but at the minimum your coverage pattern has been altered. This should have been as you hinted it: drive blown, let me replace the drive. It should have been a little down time with a screwdriver and some patience and all taken care of relatively easily.

Not to knock Chauvet, but in general they often offer more colors or features than the ADJ equivalent for less money. I mean, they can and do it. But is it necessary? For people shopping via price only, sure. But, I have had to take my own advice and look at the bigger picture. Once I started doing that, ADJ was my easy decision. Yes, a lot of this stuff is commodity type stuff. But sometimes there is more than just the price.

Now, back onto Chauvet again, I just find it odd that they would keep re-using the same names over and over BUT for different fixtures that aren't even like fixtures. Just makes no sense. But hey, often times, marketting people just exist in their own universe.