Skip to main content

Reply to "Changing patches per location..."

I am in the same boat as Chris. I am not a DJ at all, just merely a guy helping out is all. I am a professional lighting designer who does stuff from small school shows up to regional theatre work on the theatre sides of things. Then I also do private parties/events/weddings, public stuff for politicians, and corporate events. I am also not limited to just lighting design, just my main thing. If anyone watches the news on here, chances are you have seen my work and haven't even realized it, one of those behind the scenes unsung hero types.

Theatre is probably just as large as the club/DJ scene if not larger. The other crazy thing about theatre is we all know everybody somehow and are connected in some way, just don't realize it.

Anyway, back to show talk. If doing stuff like that, advancing the show and get the right info as well as getting the right info to the right people is key. It can say a lot of headaches come load in, show, and/or load out. Pre-programing is defiantly advisable too. I pre-program just about all my large shows now. Otherwise, I don't have enough or I am stuck behind the console way too much for my guys to work efficiently.