Skip to main content

Reply to "Changing patches per location..."

Most major theatres will have racks for dimmers, off stage somewhere if built correctly. They are pretty much always address 1. Something like this is when multi universes become real handy real quick. Use the first universe for dimmers and the rest for other fixtures or any combination like that. I haven't run into a space with more then 512 channels of dimming yet (most I have seen is installed at this point is 288, three 96 racks).

CompuShow dongles will have 2 universes, more reason to look that route. The time line John last said was they were looking for roll out in about 60 days about 7 or so days ago. So sometime in November. Don't know if you can wait that long East1, but defiantly worth waiting for because of the new features, some of which you are looking for.

As for gel swapping, that depends on a number of things. First, did you advance your plot. Second, what is the deal with labor and restoration of house plot. Third, what is the theatre's schedule of events? Do the have another event that day, next day, earlier that day, etc?

When I am doing theatre shows, normally the space is mine to do with as I please for x number of days. I rarely do the walk in, show, walk out anymore unless its a concert/rock show, in that case I send a plot in advance to be hung as is or use house plot with different colors/focus. Even dance shows, I have the space for x number of days and hours.

Sometimes I have to pay for someone to be there, sometimes I don't. I always, however, bring my own Master Electrician who I have been working with for a few years now because he knows what I want, how I want it, and what is acceptable and what is not. I can also send him to focus and don't have to speak to him to focus which is nice. Just a bunch of signs and he knows what I want. Its great for when sound guys are making noise: pink, white, or otherwise Big Grin.