Skip to main content

Reply to "Changing patches per location..."

I don't see myDMX being an ideal solution for a touring-type application, or an environment where the end user doesn't have total control over the gear.

I say this becasuse I have MyDMX, and I only use my own gear, my own lights. When I go to a vennue with its own sound, I bypass and use my own sound(console, amps, speakers, management) so I have total control for artistic purposes.

Not saying you can't do tons with MyDMX, because it's been proven that it can work far outside the initial thought limitations of the design. Thank goodness the developers left those "holes" in there to be discovered and exploited.

I've also seen lots of tours who, when they have to use "house lighting", has in some cases had to have permanently installed fixtures re-addressed. Most often though, I've been gone when that's happened but I'm fairly sure they just simply adapted their console to match the addressing of the fixtures to be sed. But you get all sorts of those sort of features in higher end gear.

Really though, I do hear from just this forum that a lot of users of MyDMX have purchased the wrong product. They went MyDMX to save money when they should have gone Compu Live.

Remember, choose the right tool for the right job and you should do just fine.