Skip to main content

Reply to "Bugs in MyDMX 2.0 for Windows"

I am really starting to agree, I can't get this to stay running in demo mode writing a show at home. What possible hope do I have that it won't crash mid way through a song and then psychotically destroy the atmosphere as it closes and reloads. This really seems like an unfinished system and needs to go back to the designers to be reworked out.

I have a show that will fit perfectly in a single window of MyDMX original, now to fit my 93 scenes with my laptops screen resolution set to 1366X768 I can only fit half the show on my screen, either that or move it to a 21 inch screen tv running at a higher resolution.

The editor function doesn't work on shows from the original version, a huge negative for upgrading. A negative you don't know until you have dropped 300 dollars for a dongle, only necessary because you changed the programming language.

You added a lot of bells and whistles in the form of a seemingly sleek interface, and easy effects generators, but compromised on the quality and craftsmanship designers are looking for. If I can't transfer a show, I need to be able to write a show, I can't write a show if every few minutes the software crashes leaving me back at square one. If this is going to be normal, create an auto-save function.

Perhaps it would have been better planning to do some beta tests with older members, who know the products and use them on a regular basis, get feedback, then release a software that will appeal to New self lighting DJs, and also the lighting designer who has to fit all of his gear in a carry-on case. It seems that you focused on one of these groups and neglected to consider the other. I will not be purchasing MyDMX 3, especially not during its first year of release. I will also suggest to lighting colleagues that they avoid your software and your services.

It may seem nit-picky, but I just want my software to work the way I would expect it to. I can transfer a Word Document from word 95 to Word 2012. I can edit an Adobe Project created in CS3, in CS5. I should be able to work on my show in 2.0, the same way that I worked with it in its original iteration, and like with creative soft-wares, upgrading should give me more options, and a faster method. Not more headaches and sickening Regrets.

Yours-

Fort Conspiracy